Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Automated Intervention Works Against Call Center Agents

By Patrick Barnard
Customer Inter@ction Solutions

My problem is with intervening on the call -- especially if you use speech analytics to make it happen automatically. To me this sounds like a case of over-engineering, and I can imagine it causing serious problems for agents. Furthermore, I see this idea as being in conflict with the current movement in the contact center industry to empower the agent.

I see real value in real time analytics for the contact center, particularly in terms of its ability to gather valuable customer information which can be used across the enterprise. However, as a former outbound agent from the 1980s, I'm distressed about this idea of using real time speech analytics to identify calls that are going sour and automatically intervening on the call for the purpose of preventing the customer from defecting.

Read More article...

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Call Center Outsourcing Outsourcing Services