Monday, November 19, 2007

Call Center Metrics and Performance

It has been a week since I last posted, Call Center Operations and Schedule Adherence, and as I mentioned in my previous post, I am on a new assignment, looking at Schedule adherence and overall call center metrics.

Initially, I decided to focus on schedule adherence because I believed this would be the biggest opportunity, low-hanging fruit, if you will. My goal for last week was to set-up a real-time schedule adherence process.

I quickly discovered that the reporting function of the WFA software was not working correctly, resulting in lack of reporting.

Not having this data makes it tough to know your starting point as well as providing front-line employees with results to effectively coach.

How can you set-up a real-time schedule adherence exception process if you lack data?

I shifted my focus while the schedule adherence reporting was being fixed.

My focus then turned to productivity against several important data points.

Productivity for my model included all phone activities such as ACD, ACW, Available, Ring and Other. I used this data and compared it against staffed hours to get a baseline.

What I was looking for was a number as close as possible to 100%. What I found wasn’t too far off. Although, there are some areas of opportunity the number wasn’t that bad considering the call center has not paid special attention to this in the past.

I also looked at productivity (phone) against payroll hours to see how close the call center came to 100%. What I found there was also a pleasant surprise. Remember the best number to hit is 100%. Again, I found a number that was somewhat close.

Today I ran all the aux codes from our switch to see what % they were against the over all staffed hours produced. There I found some numbers that need to be addressed. It appears that some of the representatives are hiding their time within the aux codes.

As mentioned before the overall production time against staffed hours did not look too bad, however by improving the unproductive aux time we can increase the overall production hours.

More importantly, we need to provide our supervisors the data so they can coach their employees for improvement.

I am now moving into another area….

I have begun to pull the data to look at scheduled staffed hours by agent, by sup, to identify the delta between what we scheduled and what was actually produced.

In utilizing this data we may find that it is easier to hit call center service level with fewer people if we can increase their seat utilization.

Source : http://www.callcentercafe.com

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Call Center Outsourcing Outsourcing Services